Thursday, January 8, 2009

PuGs -.-

Why God, why?

So, I was minding my own business yesterday, just questing in Icecrown keeping an eye in LFG when someone as looking for a tank for Heroic CoT.

There I was with other 4 players doing the boring killing of undead until Arthas announced the wave boss.

Me : Ok, lets get going, this is a boring instance, the soon we finish the better

Group agrees and we go kill stuff.

Death Grip the caster and Death & Decay the ground, all good, all perfect, good aggro holding.

And then, it happens

Me : Going down!

BOOM, I'm dead.

The second Death Knight pick the mobs and is doing a good job maintaining aggro, but hes crittable(?) so he goes down quick. Luckily the AoE fight was near the end, and the dps finish it from range using a few snares.

Ok, not a wipe, we made it, get up, get ready, get going.

More undead killing, those little undeads with less than 1k hp are a pain to be watching all the time, i just pass by and spam Ice Touch, I was trying to check where we went wrong for the 1st fight, but the combat log was getting full quick with the spam killing of the low mobs.

2nd wave boss appear, pull, Death & Decay, all good, aggro good.

And it happens again.

Me : GOING DOWN!!

BOOM, dead, this time i don't even look what is happening to the party anymore, I go straight to the combat log.

Me thinking "ok, wtf is that?"

Me : Oy, why do your greater heals only heal me for 2k, 3k max?
Priest : I don't know, but i can't keep spamming it on you, I'm going oom
Me : How can you be oom 20 seconds in with a 13k mana pool?

I'm a death knight tank, and during the tanking i get my parry chance over 35% going near 40% sometimes, so i don't take melee damage all the time, I can go a few swings without taking a scratch, so the spamming wasn't really a necessity.

But the heals where 2k-3k, spamming became a necessity.

Now, how can a greater heal which, max ranked, base healing is 3950-4590 be doing only 2k-3k? It wasn't, figured the priest was downranking, why? there is no point in downranking anymore, spells cost a percentage of the base mana now, not a fixed amount, so when you level, spells start costing more, all of them, the under rank 7 cost even more, 36% from base mana.

Me : Oy, why are you downraking

No answer from him.

Me : Look, you can't downrank, you go oom and dont heal much, use max rank!
Priest : I know how to heal, stfu
Other dk : lolol you dont know how to heal, you're a freaking ebay toon!

At this point the priest just says "F**k you!" and hearth.

Mage goes afk "brb gonna feed the dog". Lock leaves the group.

It's over.

I now understand why is so hard to find a tank when you're in a PuG.

No comments:

Post a Comment